DUBAI – The 21st Global Women Leaders Conference” which will be held on which will be held on 7th-8th March 2018, at Burj Al Arab and Ritz Carlton Hotel, DIFC, respectively kicked off today under the patronage of regional and global organizations, institutions and the media and a wide range of leaders, decision-makers and regional and global executives.
The conference is one of the largest international conferences for women leaders’ in the region that is attended by elite leaders from government, private, media, social and regional & international organizations.
The opening session of the first day was presented by Dr. Anna Dolidze, an expert on international law and Adviser to the President of Georgia, on leadership, job prospects and human resource challenges, in which she addressed The Future of Jobs, Employment, Skills and Knowledge Management Needed in the Era of Globalization, 4th Industrial Revolution, Modern Global Economic Structure, Global Transformation, Innovative organizational working mechanisms, advanced systems such as Block chain, Artificial Intelligence, internet of things, and other technologies that support the future of institutional innovation development, efficiency and government and business Smart transformation.
Later, Linda Berlot, CEO and Executive Team Coach of Berlot Group, spoke about women's entrepreneurship and private sector organizations - challenges and opportunities, why women should lead business, private sector organizations and the most important business and entrepreneurial opportunities.
The session was followed by a presentation by Ms. Anna Roberts, a Communications consultant on why communication is the key to business success and how communication can support entrepreneurship with diversity and inclusiveness and create a safe and prosperous workplace.
Sarah O'Molewu, Managing Partner of Maven Marketing and Events, spoke about the support of leaders and the introduction of a new era of brand marketing and career building strategies.
In a field study was presented on leadership support and women leadership, by Engineer Fatema Mohammed Al Nuaimi, Chairperson of the Women's Empowerment Committee in ADNOC, and Reem Al Anbari, Chief Financial Officer at Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd. (Borouge).
At the end of the first day of the conference, Her Royal Highness Princess Lamia Bint Majid Al Saud, Secretary General and Member of the Board of Trustees, Alwaleed Philanthropies, Saudi Arabia, spoke about strategies for knowledge management, leadership development and implementation.
In his speech, Mr. Ali Al Kamali, Managing Director of the Organizing Committee, praised the participation of distinguished women leaders in this year's conference, which aims to explore new dimensions of development and leadership empowerment of women leaders and enhance the role and position of women in supporting community mobility through the latest practices and empowerment programs for women in various sectors and at all levels to support the opening of new horizons for women's leadership in society.
Kamali stressed that the vision of the conference is to enhance the presence of regional and international women leaders to discuss, develop partnerships, exchange experiences and bring together the world's civilizations and cultures where the East meets the West and the South in the North in order to achieve sustainable development for the empowerment of women.
Day one of the conference came to a close with the Middle East Excellence Awards Institute, recognizing and honoring notable achievements of global women leaders with the 18th Middle East Women Leaders Excellence Awards, in recognition of the best achievements of women leaders who have played a distinct role in the regional and global development. It also highlights the achievements of women leaders of excellence and creativity to serve as role models for the next generation and a catalyst for development and progress, in the presence of regional and global personalities.
The winners of the 2018 Women Leaders Excellence Awards are as follows:
- Woman Leader in Community Development Excellence Award: Her Royal Highness Princess Lamia Bint Majid Al Saud, Secretary General and Member of the Board of Trustees of Alwaleed Foundation for Global Humanity- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Woman Leader in Sports Management Excellence Award: HE Nada Askar Al Naqbi, Director General, Sharjah Women Sports Foundation (WSF), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Woman Leader in ICT Excellence Award: Ms. Moza Ibrahim Al-Akraf, Chief Information Officer at Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, United Arab Emirates, received by Ms. Reem Abdullah Mustafa, First Specialist - Innovation and Future, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
- Woman Leader in Business and Economic Development Excellence Award: Mrs. Hala A. Latif, Co-founder Hala Designs & Events, Leader @omantel Sultanate of Oman
- Woman Leader in Media and Corporate Communications Excellence Award: Ms. Alia Al Yasi, Director of the Government Communication Department, Ministry of Energy, United Arab Emirates
- Woman Leader in Education Development Excellence Award: Dr. Jawhara Mohammed Abdullah Abaakhel, Member of Training Unit, Institute of Public Administration in Riyadh - Women's Section, Saudi Arabia
- Woman Leader in Corporate Management Excellence Award: Ms. Lamia Al Ansi, Director of Procurement, Omran Company, Sultanate of Oman
- Business Woman Excellence Award: Priya Telavane, Managing Director, 361° Design Solutions LLC
- Woman Leader in Innovation and Creativity Excellence Award: Eng. Maryam Hamad Rashid Ali Khalifa Al Dhahiri, Assistant Planning Manager, Urban Planning Department and Municipalities-Abu Dhabi